ATPL(A) integrated with Bachelor/ Master studys
In cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Dresden FHD and the study agency ADIL, we offer you the airline pilot training ATPL(A) (Ab initio) also in connection with the bachelor's program "Business Administration B.A." and the master's program "Leadership, Entrepreneurship & Innovation M.A." because in global aviation there is a demand for pilots who can not only apply aeronautical know-how, but also understand social and economic contexts. All training courses listed above are held in English.
Companies like airlines are looking for people who are flexible, have integrity and are trustworthy, but who also act according to ethical, sustainable and socially responsible principles.
In corporate management, students learn everything that knowledgeable and decisive managers need in order to consistently and sustainably lead companies to success. In addition, you will acquire a full ATPL(A) commercial pilot license as a second mainstay during your studies.
The 8-semester course (incl. practical project semester, bachelor thesis and commercial pilot theory training) imparts commercial and technical knowledge as well as special skills for use in the field of aviation.
The combination of university studies and ATPL training (ab initio) enables employment in the air and in the management of an airline, an airport or other aviation-related companies. The course offers you a "second pillar" in addition to your pilot career and is the prerequisite for assuming key functions in management.
Before the start of the training, the following documents must be submitted to our flight school:
- Training contract with AEROTOURS ATO
- Class 1 medical certificate issued by an AMC
- Copy of a valid identity card or passport for identity verification
- Background check (§ 7 Para. 1 No. 4 Aviation Security Act (LuftSiG) and § 4 Para. 1 of the Aviation Security Act) and a police clearance certificate
- Excerpt from the Federal Motor Transport Authority (§ 30 Para. 8 of the Road Traffic Act)
- Statement on pending criminal proceedings (§ 24 Para. 3 No. 3 and 4 Aviation Licensing Regulations)
- the minimum age for the start of the training is 17 years (license acquisition at least 21 years)
- in the case of underage applicants, the consent of the legal representative
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English, mathematics and physics must be provided before the start.
- an opinion from a recognized expert
- or a high school diploma in conjunction with proof that the required subjects have been studied for at least 3 years with good results
- or a passed DLR test
- or a passed ATTC screening test
- or the training manager of AEROTOURS ATO checks the previous knowledge
Admission requirements for the course:
- Bachelor's degree: German university entrance qualification (Abitur or Matura) or a similar recognized qualification according to the DAAD database or alternatively 2 completed semesters of business studies at a university recognized in Germany according to the DAAD database
- Master’s degree: The admission requirement for the degree is a professionally qualifying university degree recognized in Germany, specifically a relevant bachelor’s degree or a diploma of at least 180 ECTS. Degrees in the field of economics and related subjects, such as business administration, economics, industrial engineering, business informatics, business mathematics, business education, business psychology, international business, digital business management, marketing management, tourism management, event management, logistics management, communication management and degree programs are considered relevant. which reveal relevant business components of at least 30 ECTS
- English language certificates at level C1
- Study procurement contract with the study agency ADIL
- Study contract with the FH Dresden
- Proof of creditworthiness or proof of financing for the tuition fees and costs of living
Duration of study:
- Bachelor studies: 8 semester (incl. practical project semester, bachelor thesis and commercial pilot theory training)
- Master's degree: 6 semester (incl. practical project semester, master's thesis and commercial pilot theory training)
a maximum of 30 places each for Bachelor's/ Master's
Degrees and qualifications:
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) 180 ECTS
Master of Arts (MA) 120 ECTS
Commercial Pilot License CPL(A)/IR/ME with ATPL Theory Credit, MCC (frozen ATPL)
AEROTOURS carries out the theoretical training in the form of English-language face-to-face classes.
The ATPL(A) course including studies can be started in the winter semester from October 1st (alternatively April 1st).
The scope of the practical training is based on the practical CPL(A) and IR(A) MEP course. The training is an integrated ATPL(A) course that ends with an overall examination in theory and practice.
The theory test takes place at the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt in Braunschweig. The practice test is completed on the training aircraft of the AEROTOURS flight school in Berlin/Strausberg.
Notes on the bachelor's degree:
In the Business Administration (B.A.) & Airline Pilot course, you acquire basic economic knowledge at the beginning, which is imparted in an application-oriented manner with close practical relevance to aviation. Building on this, the basic know-how is expanded to include functional aspects of business administration - from supply chain management to marketing - and sub-areas of the value circulation sphere - such as investment, financing and controlling. The core competencies learned tie in with current trends and are reinforced by methods and tools from science and practice. Only professors and lecturers with relevant practical experience teach at the FH Dresden. Small study groups and the exchange with the teachers on an equal footing strengthen individual support.
In addition, one acquires key qualifications e.g. in Business English as well as modern analysis methods and social skills. In interdisciplinary projects and modules, content from other disciplines such as B. Informatics and design are included. In order to develop an individual profile, the course is rounded off by aviation-oriented electives.
Notes on the master’s degree:
Against the background of globalization, digitization and the rapidly changing working and corporate world, this range of courses is a response to the urgent needs of the time. We train responsible leaders who understand how to harmonize business management skills with modern leadership approaches.
As a graduate of this master's degree, you will be able to develop future-oriented business strategies and to recognize and develop marketing potential. You can set up and manage agile structures, initiate and accompany innovation projects and make new business areas fruitful in a holistic way. You make evidence-based decisions, use scientific methods in a targeted manner in corporate practice and can represent and reflect on ideas at an academic level.
The course normally lasts 6 semesters and you acquire the state and internationally recognized Master of Arts (M.A.), which qualifies you for managerial and advisory functions in the management levels of companies, whereby in all modules the close practical relevance to aviation is conveyed.